Any complaints about container candles flickering?

It never occured to me to pay attention to the flicker of the flame in my testers until now. I have two testers from the same batch of wax, same jar size, only one is full and the other is half full. Both wicks are cut from the same pre-tabbed wick so they are both the same size.

The flame on the full container candle is nice and steady; the flame on the half-full candle is flickering like crazy, and both are set next to each other. Doesn't matter how I reposition them.

I understand different factors may be at work, with the greatest factor being the reduced oxygen in the half-full container causing the flame to dance.

My question is, has flickering ever been an issue for your customers? I have a friend who hates flickering candles, but she is very particular about lots of things, so I kind of blew it off, lol. But now I find myself wondering...

Jonsie, get your friend one of those metal candle-topper lids with the cut-outs. It'll stop flickering in an instant. I always keep a few on hand for the occasional customer who might comment on flickering but, to tell you the truth, it doesn't come up often.

I'm one of those weirdo's who likes flickering candles (as long as I am not in a blackout at the time and actually need a steady light for something).

It's like watching an aquarium...something quite mesmerising about a flickering candle.

Ok, so that was a bit of rambling, and not at all helpful to you, but hmmmm, no excuse, sorry.

I wouldn't be as concerned regarding customer complaints about a flickering flame as I would the little poofs of soot and smoke that occur when the flame flickers. For best efficiency, the flame should be steady and true. While most candle flames may have some occasional moments of movement, ithe flame should settle down and be steady if the room is still. It will be interesing to notice if the tester that is full has a dancing flame when it gets burned down into the container. If the flickering continues, I suggest you recheck the wicking unless you have reason to believe it is the wax or the particular FO causing the issue.

Edited by Stella1952