A really handy seamstress?

Starr

Do we have any? One that might be willing to make something slightly risque? (Only slightly... I promise!) I'm in desperate need of a fairly simple project, or at least it would be if you have more knowledge of sewing than I do. I'm looking for a roughly knee-length black shirt dress that buttons all the way up and down the front, made from at least slightly stretchy material with elbow length sleeves and white for the cuffs and collar. I can send photos of what I'm looking for and measurements (warning, I AM plus-sized). I would like it ASAP (preferably in the next 6 weeks). Please PM me if you think you could do this and give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost.

(Not sure if this needs to go to the classies, sorry in advance mods if this needs to be moved.)

Hm. I guess from the outside looking in I always figured that the seam work was the hardest part. Admittedly, I've made exactly 1 garment in my life and it was so agonizing to me that I swore I'd never do it again. I remember the sewing machine that I used doing most of the work with the buttonholes and I hand sewed the buttons on so it just didn't seem that hard to me. Then again, that was some of the last of the work I did on it so maybe I was just grateful to be done with the project and that's why I remember it to be so easy.

Doing the button holes are not difficult, it is getting them lined up and in the exact place they should be so they are not pulling and no gaps. Since you want a button down dress it is a difficult project. Very time consuming. Plus doing it with out you there is even more difficult.

Doing the button holes are not difficult, it is getting them lined up and in the exact place they should be so they are not pulling and no gaps. Since you want a button down dress it is a difficult project. Very time consuming. Plus doing it with out you there is even more difficult.

Of course using a button hole attachment is not hard. I meant the same as you did. Marking where to put them and the buttons along with a kinda stretch material. HA that will be tough to get right.