The Jar Store

Ugh! I am so upset with The Jar Store. I've had nothing but problems with them from day one. For a while I had switched to Glass Supply Depot, but thought I would give them one more chance.

I just ordered some libbey tumblers with the new Chrome lid & thought all was ok. However, I just got an e-mail saying the lids are not in stock & they dont have an estimated date as to when they will be.

Anybody else have problems with them? I was really hoping this time would be different. The 8.5oz tumblers w/lids are only $1.39. They would have been perfect for 3 "special candles" I was excited to make - one for Breast Cancer, one for the Heart Association, and one for the families of Fallen Law Enforcement Officers...I had planned on donating 40% of each candle sold from these...

When I was hunting for a certain FO they used to sell they gave me a list of what they had left in stock and gave me a really cheap price per pound - it took a month to finally get an order - every time I told them what I wanted they would come back and say one of the ones I chose they were out of - plus they were working "Summer Hours" and were only there on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It was terrible - and when I finally did get a shipment it was still short one pound - still waiting for a resolution on that. I don't do containers, but would not recommend them based on my terrible experience.

Completely agreee with the posts. We used them a couple of times. BUT... if and when you get what you order, the products are fine. We found you cannot trust their website or whomever you talk with on the phone for straight info. We even visited their Dallas site. They promise lots and deliver much less. My impression is that they are very under-capitalized; their inventory is primarily in containers from China. We were trying to buy metal lids from them... they had them, then they didn't (someone came in and bought all that they had, but another container was coming), then a month later they had them again, then they didn't (darn, another customer came in and bought the entire load). When I got angry, I was told that if I guranteed (don't remember the exact wording) a 5000 or 2500 piece purchase, they would put in an order for them. No thanks.