Oil Cleansing help

I cant believe Im admitting this, I threw away the "bible" all my collections of soap recipes, beloved body butter and scrub recipes....they are all gone. It must have been a year and a half and I just realised it. Looking back through this website, I cant remember anything so I have a lot of re-learning to do.

However I want to make a cleansing oil and am putting an order together and need recommondations on what I need for both oily skin and dry skin. Any help would be so appreciated.

Is this what you are looking for ?? I had saved this. This is what I use every night to clean my face. I do half castor & half apricot seed oil. The first few times I did the hot wash cloth, now about once a month. Other wise, nightly, put on face, brush teeth & what ever, then wash off. Best night wash ever!

07-29-2005 10:24 AM #12

RobinInOR

RobinInOR is offline Sleep, Eat, Post

Jul 2005

So. Oregon

Yup, no soap needed (gasp! ) Did I really say that? LOL....

Works on the principle of like dissolves like. Just rub the oil blend on your face - don't wash it first. Best is to massage it in and wait 15-20 minutes, but I do a fast one, just massage it in for a few minutes.

Then wet a washcloth as hot as you can stand, and press it against your face for a few minutes or until it cools. Maybe do it twice. You don't have to rub hard, the oil will come off in the cloth.

It works for many people, but some people find they get more breakouts. Really depends on your skin type I guess.

Try something like 1/2 oz of castor and 1/2 oz of something else - sunflower, olive might be too heavy, but some use it. Or avocado. Or RBO. That would be a 50%/50% mixture.

If you wanted to use a 75% castor/25% something else, try .3 oz oil to .7 oz castor (close enuf).

Edited by candledoll