need help please (pie candles)

tamese

Ok I'm testing my 5' pies I have 2 wick in my blueberry and 3 wicks in my pecan. In 4 hours the blueberry has not yet made it to the edges but he pecan is almost completely melted to the edges. My question is should I use the same rule as with container that it should melt 1 inch per hour. So should it take 5 hours to get a complete melt pool. I'm wondering if the 3 wick are melting to fast I use 44 zinc for both. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm useing the heavy gel for now because that's all the supplier had. Will that make a difference in how fast the candle burns. I plan on getting the med. gel. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

melting time...I use the same 1" per hour rule. It will make a difference if you are using a lower density gel (mp versus hp) so if you want to know how the candle will burn with mp you will have to retest. As with other candles, the weight of the fo will also make a difference in how the candle burns, blueberry is a heavier fragrance than pecan and you are only using 2 wicks there... I always use 3 wicks, gets me a more even burn.

It will also make a difference in how many embeds you are using, etc. etc. Lots of variables with pie candles. that said, most people buy them because of their looks, smell and not necessarily how they burn.

So once again it really comes down to ... testing :cheesy2:

Ok I'm testing my 5' pies I have 2 wick in my blueberry and 3 wicks in my pecan. In 4 hours the blueberry has not yet made it to the edges but he pecan is almost completely melted to the edges. My question is should I use the same rule as with container that it should melt 1 inch per hour. So should it take 5 hours to get a complete melt pool. I'm wondering if the 3 wick are melting to fast I use 44 zinc for both. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm useing the heavy gel for now because that's all the supplier had. Will that make a difference in how fast the candle burns. I plan on getting the med. gel. Thanks!!

Just found your pm and this post....pm'd you