OK, now I need help !!!!

I thought I had it all figured out but noooooooooo now i need colors :angry2: I have a link for a color char which is here http://www.trinitycandlefactory.com/ColorChart.htm but I would love to place my full order with Candle Science since they seem to have the best price on the wax . I just ordered Amish Harvest and Sweet Pea . Now based on the color chart amish harvest is a pinkish . But, I have NOOOOOOO idea on Amish Harvest... Any help would be greatly appreciated on color choices from Candle Science.... Thanks so much..

What color do you think of when you think of harvest? What color do you think of when you think of fall?

I don't usually dye my candles but on the rare occasions that I do, I make Amish Harvest light cinnamon or pale yellow. Just a drop of liquid dye on the end of a toothpick per approximately 4 lbs of wax will give you a pale color. You can add more as you wish, just a tiny bit at a time.

My mantra on coloring candles has always been: If in doubt, leave dye out. Candles don't have to be dyed.

everyone will likely tell you to get the basics and from those you can mix other colors. So start with red, blue and yellow. I do really like the melon green color though lol. I would add black to your choices. I have not tried much of their colors as far as liquids go. I have used their blocks and enjoy them when I use blocks. I can say that, but liquids is a great and messy way to go lol. I really don't think you'll be disappointed in their colors.

As for Amish Harvest being pinkish ... ummmm I think fall colors since it is a warm and spicy scent (you know, yellows, orange, brown, even a red) just not pink. Maybe the pink for sweet pea.

everyone will likely tell you to get the basics and from those you can mix other colors. So start with red, blue and yellow. I do really like the melon green color though lol. I would add black to your choices. I have not tried much of their colors as far as liquids go. I have used their blocks and enjoy them when I use blocks. I can say that, but liquids is a great and messy way to go lol. I really don't think you'll be disappointed in their colors.

As for Amish Harvest being pinkish ... ummmm I think fall colors since it is a warm and spicy scent (you know, yellows, orange, brown, even a red) just not pink. Maybe the pink for sweet pea.

My heart was pounding when I was typing, I meant Sweet Pea as a pinkish :)

Color is great fun to me, so by all means Darrell go out and play with it. It's like getting to color outside the lines of a crayon book or on mom's clean white walls :D Seriously, pick what colors interest you, especially if you don't want the headache of making other colors from the basics.

Go look at Bath and Body or other candles and see what colors they are using if you are unsure what you want. I always look at the competition to see what is selling and how they are packaging products. HTH

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

I use a lot of Peaks oils and this has been a great guide for me. http://www.candletech.com/general-information/color-formularies/

You should be able to glean a little info of it for the CS oils.

I had to make a "royal" blue for a wedding order. I used sky blue, magenta & navy. Turned out great!

thanks, nice chart, gonna bookmark that one :)