using the term "Organic"

caryfh

does anyone on here label their products as "Organic"? I was reading up on it this morning because I have a balm I'm putting together and was utilizing primarily organic ingredients, but wanted to be sure I can call it Organic. It appears the USDA has different levels of Organic but their wording made it sound as if you have to be certified by their agency via some sort of inspection. Was curious if anyone on here had gone that route. TIA.

They make it sound that way, because you do have to as far as I understand. Organic was overplayed and thus underwent regulation and the ability to freely use the word any more. It doesn't matter if all of your ingredients are labeled organic, you still need the official stamp or I believe you can get socked a heavy fine.

That's what I was gathering from my reading on their site, and it seems as though a number of companies are in line for a nice fine because of organic claims. Perhaps I could just indicate on my website the ingredients I am using that are certified organic, so that instead of calling my end-product "organic" I'm at least letting people know which ingredients I use already carry this distinction.

• 2 weeks later...