How long can you store soy candles? Do they ever go rancid?

I've searched this but can't seem to find an answer - I'm buying some Christmas oils from Peak and was hoping to start experimenting with them in 4 oz. tins but is Christmas too far away to start right now? They'd be stored at 70-75 degrees (in the house).

I've read in a few places on the Internet that candles, all types, will last a very long time if kept with the lid on and stored in cool dark place. So go ahead and test or start making your Christmas candles now. They will be really nice and soy candles only get better the longer they cure IMO. HTH! :-)

Most manufacturers state that the wax is good for a year after manufacture. I have candles that are several years old, but soy candles do tend to "grow" in storage. I have never had one become rancid. The wax I use contains citric acid as a preservative.

Now is the time to get busy for Christmas sales!

I have a soy candle that is one of the very first one I ever made back in 1999...it still smells awesome!! ;-) I only burn it a couple times a year because the scent was discontinued and I could never find a duplicate for it!! I also have a few other candles sitting around that are at least 5 yrs old.....they haven't turned rancid..YET!!

I use pure soy GB415 and use no additives...my private stash of candles is kept in a closet in my spare room!