FINALLY! pics of my first three batches of cp

Vec

this is my first batch. i was soooo nervous that it wouldn't turn out right...but i love how it came out. it's colored with a marigold crayon (figured i'd give it a shot....not bad for a first timer), and i ground up some oatmeal and almonds at the last minute and added it at trace with about a half ounce of honey FO. i've had people tell me it looks and smells more like something you'd eat than something you'd bathe with.

soap29rv.th.jpg

here's my second batch. i wasn't as happy with it as i was with the other two but it smells divine. since my first attempt with dying with a crayon came out fine i tried it again with magenta and a bit of violet. it got a light pink tint but left speckles of un-desolved crayon. it doesn't look awful...but it looks more like cotton candy or a brick of funky flavored icecream. i used a cardboard box lined with wax paper...i think i like the pvc molds better...it was too hard to try to get all of the bubbles from between the top of the soap and the plastic wrap for curing.

soapfo3ns.th.jpg

this is my last batch (3rd). it's my first attempt at a swirl....came out o.k. i guess. used cocoa powder to dye it and left the swirl natural. unfortunately it didn't leave the cocoa scent i hoped it would...but i'll know better next time.

soap6gr.th.jpg

Your soaps look great! I really like the look of the third bar, the swirled one.

You said, "I'll know better next time." That's so true! I've been making soaps for about two months and each time I make a batch I learn some little thing that improves the appearance or texture of the soap. That's what's so great about soaping - you just keep learning and trying new things.

Congratulations on taking the plunge! :smiley2: