Essential Wholesale - need help getting into lotions and such...

Hi all,

Having become a bit more established in my soy candle pursuits, I'm looking to expand into some lotions, liquid soaps, shampoos and etc. Not wanting to have the responsibility (or the whole testing and development process) of creating my bases from scratch, I'm looking at ordering bulk bases from a company, and then adding my fragrance oils, bottling, and labeling them.

I ran across Essential Wholesale, and was extremely impressed by their website, but wanted to see what the rest of you all use, for those of you who buy bases and do as I'm wishing to. I have no clue how their prices compare to other places, and just need to have my eyes opened a bit, literally! :shocked2:

Didn't notice any stickies on the topic, and not a lot said about various suppliers. Thanks in advance!

Al, from the Shawnee Hills of balmy Southern Illinois.

Essential is a local supplier for me. I've gotten some butters and oils from them & been really happy with thier service. Thier prices seemed more expensive in some cases, but they offer lots of quantity options so there's several little price breaks. It's nice to be able to get a medium size amount & not everyone offers that in the wholesale world.

• 2 months later...

EW carries a lot of Vegan and Organic products and yes they are expensive plus shipping they are on the West Coast. Are your customers willing to pay extra for vegan and organic? If not I would recommend WSP they have a good selection of B&B bases.