? about making bath teas

macyboutique

I made some for personal use, once ground in a food processor and once whole. The ground really brewed in the tub better.

I tried the heat sealable bags but I was having a hard time (I was using a curling iron lol) so I just put the tea in a wash cloth and tied it. The tea bags would work much better if properly sealed lol

• 4 weeks later...

The bath teas are great. I make and sell them. Depending on the type of bath tea depends on the type of ingredients I put in mine. But for the most part I put salts, dried milk, oatmeal and herbs in mine. They are quick and easy to make.

edit to add: They sell well too!

I add lavender EO to my oatmeal/lavender tea to bump up the scent a bit. Not very much - you don't want to get everything too wet. I just drizzle it in and stir it up until it smells how I want it.

And if you're sealing tea bags, make sure they're good and sealed. I was squeezing out the last yummy oatmeal goo in the tub and the bag burst at the seam, what a mess

:laugh2:

I use both FOs and EOs in my teas. I mix them in with some dendric salt first so that it can absorb the scent. :wink2:

I agree with Robin to make sure to get a good seal. I too had one break and that stuff can find all kinds of nook and crannies to get into. At my age, and with my body, it's not easy to get that stuff out. LOL