fragrance gels

Scented

I have messed with it a little, don't have my notes here. What I have done hasn't lasted long at all. So I haven't pursued it much. My tarts are so much better. If I had a bottle of the gel from the place that's selling it, I might be able to compare but..

I bought the Sodium Carbomer and that's what I used in my experiments.

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/sodium-carbomer_preneutralized-carbomer.html

8 oz water to .15 SC after awhile it was too thick. Added 8 more oz water, too thick. added a total of 24 oz of water to the .15 of SC and it was still thick.

Now I have added more water 32 oz total. Used 4oz of this gel and .4 oz of Lilac from KY or Peaks? wasn't strong in a warmer. added more gel more lilac and 2 drops soap color. Didn't last over a day.

4 oz gel to .6 Coconut Cream Pie NG , was good in a large room for several hrs, used about 1 tab. but then it was gone. Tried adding about 1.5 oz of scented gel to warmer and it lasted about a day. I'm not a good tester cause the scents grow

on me after a time. Several days later there was brown chunky glandular and oil left. I don't have good bottles to despence this stuff either, you need the soft plastic. The SC will not work mixed with just FO's. at least mine didn't. Let me know if things work better for you. And if anyone has a bottle of the gel from Celebrating Home they want to sell, I could use it just to compare. http://www.celebratinghome.com/PWPshowCategoryProduct.ashx?ProgramCategoryId=159

Edited by Sharon in KY

Thanks Sharon. I see in you other post you had a link but I didn't click on it. lol

So...it's poured into the bottle...and then you pour it into your warmer. Interesting!

About 5 years ago a friend and I went to a little art gallery in our very small town...she was looking for a specific picture. I was just looking around and I found these jars of fragranced gel beads...we each bought one. They were not the same kind of beads as the aroma beads. These were like jelly and you poured them in your warmer and they melted into a gel. There was no information on them except the name of the scent and the person's name that made them. I never used mine and only God knows where they got to in this house. I probably couldn't find them if I wanted to...but...I am sure when I'm not looking for them I'll find them.

In the mean time good luck with your testing. I think it's a really neat idea.

Yes, in a bottle and poured into the warmer. It comes out white. I saw it while getting my hair done and getting nosey since the gal had a warmer going. She wants something stronger with the oils. Doesn't want tarts and so I looked at the bottle and had never heard of using carbomer with it. Even forgot I posted this thread. Egads.

I bought the Sodium Carbomer and that's what I used in my experiments.

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/sodium-carbomer_preneutralized-carbomer.html

8 oz water to .15 SC after awhile it was too thick. Added 8 more oz water, too thick. added a total of 24 oz of water to the .15 of SC and it was still thick.

Now I have added more water 32 oz total. Used 4oz of this gel and .4 oz of Lilac from KY or Peaks? wasn't strong in a warmer. added more gel more lilac and 2 drops soap color. Didn't last over a day.

4 oz gel to .6 Coconut Cream Pie NG , was good in a large room for several hrs, used about 1 tab. but then it was gone. Tried adding about 1.5 oz of scented gel to warmer and it lasted about a day. I'm not a good tester cause the scents grow

on me after a time. Several days later there was brown chunky glandular and oil left. I don't have good bottles to despence this stuff either, you need the soft plastic. The SC will not work mixed with just FO's. at least mine didn't. Let me know if things work better for you. And if anyone has a bottle of the gel from Celebrating Home they want to sell, I could use it just to compare. http://www.celebratinghome.com/PWPshowCategoryProduct.ashx?ProgramCategoryId=159

Perhaps something else can make the gel, because we put the Sandalwood vanilla in her warmer and didn't smell much. She said it was too light as it was. She wants fragrance! Yet she still was using this stuff lol. But a gel idea might be fun. The bottles were great and marked off the oz on the side too. It is a neat idea for a product, but it's gotta smell up a place!

Strong yes, but how? Maybe they need to set/cure for awhile? Tried blasting the water crystals to make a solid gel instead of the smelly jelly type. It looked ok but forgot how it lasted. Here is my thinking... this is the same as say adding just FO to your warmer it just has a thickener so it is easier to dispense. So maybe I should add lots of FO and thicken the carbomer so the FO won't make it too thin. I'll do that I was just too concerned about it squiring out of the bottle. But with the soft bottle and a larger whole in the top, that just might be the key. The demo girl said the gel is great cause it doesn't spill and it turns into a powder residue and wipes right out. No messy wax to spill or try to get rid of..... I really should give some to my tester to get a real feel for the product. Customers are always looking for something different. Maybe these could be called Soft Scented Gel explaining they are for the nice soft scent you want NOW and not the too strong now but later it's perfect.

Well my thought on the scent (sandalwood vanilla was the one) is that skimped big time on it. I was there for four hours and smelled nothing. As my hairdresser put it, she wants a product that will scent the room and that was not an overly large room. I wasn't aware this stuff ever turned into a powder. I'll have to stick my head into her shop and ask.

Several years ago there was a company that made these where you scoop the stuff out of a jar. I'm wondering if that was stuff made with gelatin. It was pretty smooth and I believe it was used in a warmer. The ingredients were never revealed and I didn't buy a jar, but I think I want to experiment with this stuff too.

The stuff at my hairdresser's when poured was white and about the consistency of conditioner but a little runnier than that.

This stuff looks like crap. I just can't get much oil in the gel mixture, plus it just doesn't last. Took the paint right off my Pink painted breast cancer ribbon warmer. Tried adding Polysorbet to the FO first then adding to Gel but it still doesn't mix in all the way. Separates. Adding the carbomer again, to thicken more, after I have mixed everything together, makes it look like tapioca. Scented if you want me to send a couple of oz of this stuff so you can play, let me know. Since you have a sandlewood you could compare.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...