Intuit GoPayment

Recently signed up for Intuit GoPayment. I have a Blackberry Curve and they sent me a free card reader, but I can also process payments through their phone app or online. There is no monthly, cancellation, setup, batch, transaction fee or anything like that. I did not want to pay a penny unless I was processing a charge for a sale. I am happy I signed up with GoPayment because it seems to be exactly what I was looking for...

The rates seem to be higher than most, but, I would rather pay a higher rate than a monthly fee. Swiped rate is 2.7% and manually entered rate is 3.7%- this is for MC/VISA/Disc (Amex has a higher rate I believe- I did not sign up for the AMEX.)...

Friday I did a charge for a phone order and it went through fine, did an in person charge and that was fine too. My bank account was funded already from the Friday charge. I know not everyone has a phone that works with square, and not everyone wants to pay high monthly fees. Just wanted to put my review out there. HTH someone.:P

I already have the SquareUp, but went to check out the Intuit. Pretty much the same deal as SquareUp. So I thought, hey what the heck, I can give it to my assistant and let them use it instead of trading the SquareUp reader back and forth (I know you can get another reader from SquareUp for free). So I filled it out and got approved without any problems. Now I have 2 different paymant options, LOL. Now the only problem...I don't have an assistant, LOL (delusions of grandeur!). So why did I get another account? Dunno...

Cheers,

Steve

The square seems to have fees that are a teeny bit higher, but also my customers like the fact that Intuit is printed on the card reader because they are a well known company. Although IMO it is a little flimsy looking, it still does look professional.

Thanks OP.

I signed up for this, and was approved, as well!

I just heard that Google is going to release something on Thursday, and to be honest, I'd prefer Google (over any other company) since I use Google Checkout for online payments.

We'll see!

I use Intuit as well & haven't had any problems with them. I didn't like their free swiper so I bought the mophie case for my phone and it works really well. Also because I use Intuit as my shopping cart I pay the lower fees of 1.7% swipe and 2.7% keyed. This makes it much cheaper than getting an air card for my laptop to bring to shows. Now all I need is my phone :-)