Need help with pillar problem

I am having problems with my pillars. I use feather palm and a CSN 11wick on a 3" pillar. My candles "blow out" about 1/2 " from the top. I will be trying a CSN 9 next, but I believe that that will be too small of a wick. (I have read on this forum that most people use the CSN 11) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I generally use the CSN 12 for most FO's. The CSN 11 is often a bit too small, leading to a meltpool that accumulates too much wax. This means the meltpool will melt through the side because it is not being burned fast enough by the smaller wick. An underwicked pillar will either tunnel or blow out. The joys of testing!

Cheers,

Steve

Thank you Steve!! My husband Scott, does my pouring. I will have him go to a 12 and see if that helps! Scott and I started our candle co after he retired from the military a little over a year ago. We have beautiful container candles, but have been having problems with pillars. We will definitely try your suggestion.