IGI 1250 wax for pillars

Hello everybody,

I've been looking for suppliers closer to southeast Michigan than Yaley and found IGI 1250 wax at Bitter Creek. Does anyone have experience with this wax. I'm trying to make solid colored pillars and am currently using Yaley's wax from the local craft store. Would this be a good choice or am I better off using 1343? Any help is appreciated, the number of choices seems overwhelming.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. The IGI 4625 probably is the smart choice. I see a lot of posters really like it. On the other hand, I do like the challenge of playing with additives and the IGI 1250 is cheaper. I wonder if I could use the All-Soy 100% Soybean Flakes to eliminate mottling? It would make for a relatively low cost candle. The more I think about it, the more I'm convincing myself to just try it.

In the mean time, I have EcoSoya PB to play with and a few more experiments I want to try with my remaining Yaley's premium wax. This way I will have a better understanding of candle additives, wicking, etc... by the time I place my order at BCN.

Thanks again,

Jason