New tests for 415 with new wicks & F/O

Well I just finished pouring some testers and am pretty excited about trying some new wicks. I DO NOT SELL my candles but being here has made me so aware of trying for the "perfect" candle. I have had family members beg me for some samples but I refuse until I get this 100 perfect. I firmly believe in the safety and security of knowing I gave someone the right product and not just something thrown together that could possible hurt them. Ive only been pouring for 6 months and firmly believe I have not yet come to the level I need to say that I have got it right. I purchase and burn candles from others at flea markets and craft fairs just to see whats out there and let me tell you some of the products put out there are HORRIBLE but who am I to judge. I just know I am doing the right thing and waiting......

Besides I am having a ball doing all of this and hubby is about 1/2 way through the new workshop. Electricity is being run this week!!!! Cant wait. His eyes rolled when I asked him to run cable and cat 5 so I can watch TV or surf while waiting for wax to cool. Hey he asked what I needed... :laugh2:

Tina

post-12904-139458479955_thumb.jpg

I will definately post when I test.I am probably not going to test until tomorrow which will be almost 72 hours dry time. I will post pics as they burn. The color is

Peach reddi glo diamond chip formula of 1 per pound of 415 and my F/O is 1 oz of CS PEACH per pound. I will start with 3 hour burn times at first and then may 6 hour power burn the 2nd time but not sure about the power burn if I dont have the 6 hours time do watch it.

Tina

Well here are some pictures. They have been burning for 3 hours in a non drafty room. 1st wick is starting to tunnel and hardly any flame (RRD-47) 2nd wick is ECO-10 and its burning well with about A 1/2" pool and a little hang up which I think will catch up. Next wick is the EC0-12 its burning well also with a little hangup but I have less depth in wax pool (aprox 1/4") and I am getting a dancing flame. For the 1st burn I am leaning towards favoring the ECO-10 for this formula and jar/wax and f/o.

I am going to extinguish, cool and trim the wicks and re-burn again later for another 3 hours and see whats going on after that. I will keep you posted after the second burn.

I've also noticed some adhesion problems but I didnt warm my jars with these testers and it was kinda rainy and cold that day which possibly caused it?

Tina

post-12904-139458480037_thumb.jpg

post-12904-139458480042_thumb.jpg

post-12904-139458480045_thumb.jpg

To end up with great smelling & burning candles, you have to have complete testing data. I posted the regime for testing in another thread just now:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?98119-Problems-with-my-candles&p=903818#post903818 post #36

I would suggest you add a CD or CDN wick to the ones you are testing. They work very well for a lot of folks in soy wax. HTH Have fun! :)