Square tin questions

classiccandle

I've read past posts where the consensus was that tins are safer than glass when used on a candle warmer. Before I commit to using tins for my wickless line I was hoping some of you more experienced tinners (I just made that up - I think) could answer a few questions.

1) Have you had any experience with a company called TinWerks?

2) I received some sample tins today from TinWerks and noticed they don't have the feet on the bottom. Is there an advantage to having the feet if the tins will be used for wickless only? Also, they seem to be well constructed but then again it's my first and only sample of tins I've received.

3) Do you still place your warning label on the bottom of the tin? In doing would it create a fire hazard since it would be in direct contact with the warming plate? If I were to use the plain top lids I thought about placing the warning label on the inside of the lid. Do any of you place your warning label there?

4) Do you find that the plain tops or the window tops sell better?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Candles in tins with feet would never melt. Ever.

I know nothing about TinWerks.

I use tins with warning labels on the bottoms on hot plate warmers a lot. No problem. Most candles, with or without wicks, have warning labels on the bottom.

I tried the window topped tins and they didn't do well for me, but that was also when I first started making candles in tins. I quickly moved to round tins with plain tops. I use round labels on the outside of the tops with the warning labels on the bottom of the tins. For quite a few years, they were by far my best sellers (8 oz).

I've never put warning labels on the inside of the lids, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. People don't much read them anyway.

Honestly, I would much prefer making my wickless candles in tins, but the few I've done didn't sell nearly as well as 6 oz tureens. I love candles in 8 oz tins, with or without wicks. Apparently, my customers don't.

Thanks for the replies ladies.

Sliver - so I take it that you haven't had any issues with the tureens getting too hot on the warmer and breaking/exploding? I considered using them also but wasn't sure about the safety factor. Do you continue making your wickless in those jars?

Thanks for the replies ladies.

Sliver - so I take it that you haven't had any issues with the tureens getting too hot on the warmer and breaking/exploding? I considered using them also but wasn't sure about the safety factor. Do you continue making your wickless in those jars?

Yes, I continue to use 6 oz tureens. I've never had one break, crack, or explode on me, nor have I ever had a customer comment on such a thing. If it were to happen, I would have to assume the jar was imperfect to start with. It certainly could happen, but I've made and used hundreds, and so far, nothing. I use 24W warmers.