Easter Special on Facebook. What do you think?

My web sales have been pretty slow lately, my web traffic is up 94% this month, but nobody is buying. So I decided to run an awesome special today on my website and I promoted it through facebook. I offered 50% off in appreciation of this wonderful Easter day :-) I did 16 sales today for a little over $200 (includes discount) and after product cost, I still made around $100. The best part is, out of the 16 orders 10 of them are new customers! So hopefully they will become repeats. I honestly didn't think many people would take the offer, but it seems to have worked out great. What do you guys think about it? Thanks!

It has just been so slow lately for me, and I only posted the special for Facebook friends ~150, so I really didn't think it would create such an interest. Especially didn't think it would bring in the 10 new customers that it did. It just turned out much better than I expected... Anyone have any other creative ideas that bring in new customers?? Especially for web sales.

You see my candles cost a little more than yours (I see on your website yours are already low in price) and I'm scared at 50% off I wouldn't make a substantial profit. Congrats on the new customers! Hopefully they will return to buy at regular price.