cash & carry update

Just wanted to share my experience at the recent Madison Cash & Carry event. In short, I made several contacts that I hope will lead to solid accounts. But as for sales that day... it was a no go. I didn't realize the show features very primitive products and I don't really fit that venue too well. The event coordinator told me after seeing photos of my candles that they would fit. Now I know better to do my own research of what other vendors are in the show and to be more diligent about the style that is featured.

But, I think I'll look for another wholesale event to try. I can say I learned a lot and hopefully will be able to apply it to the next time.

Well, I know now that you can go to the Market Square web site to see the vendors that will attend each show. I didn't recognize any names there, but you might. I don't know that many wholesale businesses.

All the vendors were very primitive. The only other candle person had grubby votives & taper candles along with tea lights. But even they seemed to have the same amount of candles in their boxes at the end of the day as when they started. What sold seems to be primitive furniture. The furniture vendors sold out.

Well, I know now that you can go to the Market Square web site to see the vendors that will attend each show. I didn't recognize any names there, but you might. I don't know that many wholesale businesses.

All the vendors were very primitive. The only other candle person had grubby votives & taper candles along with tea lights. But even they seemed to have the same amount of candles in their boxes at the end of the day as when they started. What sold seems to be primitive furniture. The furniture vendors sold out.

Thanks. Interesting about the other candle vendor. I had no idea primitive was so big.

I kind of figured that when I peeked at your website. Although your items could sell, its really hard to get established into this particular trade show. All in all, this trade show in Madison in general kind of sucks. I would say it was one of my worst shows I ever did.

There are many others out there you can try that are not primitive , Chicago-Beckman's for example. However the booths are a lot more expensive. You need to really have a unique and niche product to be doing these type shows. Your products honestly need to be out of the box. Dont take offense, its just how it is in the larger end of the wholesale business. Don't give up.