to keep or not to keep

Jorie

I am just getting back into making my own products after focusing on other interests for awhile. Being someone that is a hobbist with no plans on ever selling my products, I have in the past not been the best at keeping purchasing records. I have alot of supplies that I don't know how long that I have had them and I am trying to figure out a way to determine if they are still viable. My main concern is my preservative, which I think is at least 3 years old. I also plan to go to the companies that I purchased the items from to see if they can give me a record of my purchases, but I think some have gone out of business since I bought from them.

When in doubt--toss it out. It's not worth getting a nasty bacterial infection over. Might I suggest a way to keep records of your purchases? If you buy online, they usually send you an email receipt. If you have yahoo mail, just create a folder for each year, and then save the invoices you are emailed to the corresponding folder. Then, you will have records that you can go through to find out when you bought the item, how much you paid for it and how much of it. That's how I do it. HTH you some! :)