TCS Amish Harvest

KarenOH

Tennessee is out of Amish Harvest and has been for a couple weeks..even though it's not showing as OOS on their website. I'm trying to be patient but this is my best seller and I have customers waiting for it. I checked the "twins" thread and saw that the only other scent listed that resembles Amish Harvest is Harvest from Steve.

I'm going to be ordering a sample from him but does anyone have any other suggestions?? If TCS doesn't get it back in the next couple days I need to find a replacement.

Thanks!!

Who is Steve?

Trust me, they won't be getting AH back within the next couple of days. Brent told me close to 2 months ago it "should be in middle of next week".

It has clove in it. It won't be back any time soon.

I doubt you'll find one like it. It's one of my best sellers, year 'round, but going into summer, I can hold off customers. I still have a full bottle left, but that won't last long. I've been pushing customers in another direction for awhile now.

If you find one as good, let me know. I won't hold my breath.

OK, thanks. Believe it or not, that's one supplier I've never ordered from. No idea why.

Tennessee's Amish Harvest fills my 2200 sq ft house within 30 minutes of lighting.

I'll never forget the first time I made it. Stuck my tester in the far SE corner of the house. I was sitting in the kitchen in the far NW corner of my house. I had a moment of panic for a moment thinking I was cooking something really scrumptious. I actually looked in the oven and all around the kitchen, wondering what smelled so good. Then it hit me. It was that candle I had just lit 30 minutes prior.

If there's another one out there like Tennessee's, I'd sure like to know about it.

OK, thanks. Believe it or not, that's one supplier I've never ordered from. No idea why.

Tennessee's Amish Harvest fills my 2200 sq ft house within 30 minutes of lighting.

If there's another one out there like Tennessee's, I'd sure like to know about it.

I do order from Steve..Candlemaker's Store..so if his Harvest is the same I'd be a happy camper!!!

Anyone who has not had the pleasure of burning TCS's Amish Harvest doesn't know what they are missing!! Super strong in 415 and one of those scents that appeals to your bakery loving customers, your spice loving customers and everyone in between!!

If they can't get it back in stock or if I can't find a replacement...my business will definitely suffer!! :-(

Carol...thanks for the suggestion of ICS...their description sounds really close but I hate to just buy one $2 sample.

Any other recommendations for soy from ICS?? I haven't bought from them in years and wouldn't know what else to try!

Thanks!

Carol...thanks for the suggestion of ICS...their description sounds really close but I hate to just buy one $2 sample.

Any other recommendations for soy from ICS?? I haven't bought from them in years and wouldn't know what else to try!

Thanks!

I don't use alot from ICS, but I do love their bear claws, passsionberry (great summery scent), vanilla frosted grahams (yummy). You can't go wrong with her bakery fo's. Her key lime pie is great, but I get mine from MC now. For fall/winter her sugared spruce is awesome, I mix it with MCs cinnamon sticks.

I don't use alot from ICS, but I do love their bear claws, passsionberry (great summery scent), vanilla frosted grahams (yummy). You can't go wrong with her bakery fo's. Her key lime pie is great, but I get mine from MC now. For fall/winter her sugared spruce is awesome, I mix it with MCs cinnamon sticks.

Thanks for your help Carol!!

One thing I feel compelled to say regarding the clove issue and Tennessee's shortage of certain oils, Brent did tell me in his email that his manufacturer was wanting to substitute the clove in a different oil he's currently out of (Spicy Apples & Peaches). His statement to me was, "that just don't work for me."

I applaud Brent for his honesty and integrity. So many suppliers let their manufacturers get away with sticking whatever crap they want in their oils and don't bother to tell their customers they're not getting what they and their customers expect.

We all lived through the Patchouli shortage. Even Scented and I managed, somehow, to survive. We'll make it through the clove shortage, too. And KUDOS to suppliers who tell us what to expect and let us know what manufacturers are trying to pull. I do NOT like surprises.

Thank you, Brent.

I hope no one thinks I am bashing TCS in regard to the Amish Harvest issue.

I have been a loyal customer of theirs since 2002 and have always been more than pleased with their service and the quality of their products. They are my main supplier for jars and wicks. Amish Harvest is the only FO I use from this at this time but in the past I have used several of their oils.

Brent is a gentleman and I have found him to be honest, fair and extremely helpful whether it be a shipping issue or whether I have had questions in regard to wicking. I feel bad for him and other suppliers that are having issues with scents with clove in them and am hoping it can be resolved soon for all of our sakes.

Karen

It all makes hording worth it when there are shortages. Unfortunately I have not horded enough coconut and palm oils to get through the shortages and price increases there :( But patch, yep I just bought and bought and bought and now I look at my shelves and think what the hell have I got all this for, realizing so what, it's patch lol.

While others went away from patch, I was at least able to keep it out there in a year when no one could find the stuff and then everyone came back with it.

I didn't think that at all, Karen. It is what it is, as they say. And yes, Brent is the salt of the earth.

I've bashed the way his company is being run these days, but it's not his fault. I believe he's quite ill and either doesn't know or isn't in a position to fix the problem.

But no, I didn't think that's what you were doing.

Scented, you can never have too much patch.

• 2 weeks later...
I use Peaks amish harvest and it is very close to TN's which I used to to use.

If you would like a sample I would be glad to send ya one.

Karen

I use TNC but use to use Peak's, I think the are very similar.

As far as FO manuf, seems they are running out or going out of business leaving our suppliers OOS and us waiting to see what's going.