Gel Air Freshener Help

blt212

I'm new to using gel wax. Purchased some Penreco HP gel wax to make some air freshener tins. I melted in a Presto to about 240F and it still seemed kind of thick. Added FO (5%) and poured into tins however unless I stick it up to my nose I really don't smell it. I wanted to use as a car air freshener.....what am I missing? Do I need to add more FO? It's not like they're going to be lit. Also would Med be better for this...this stuff is really goopy.

Thanks

Thanks Cathy....I think I may need to get a gel that is not so thick...i could barely stir it until I heat it higher. I did add the fragrance when it was hot because when cooler it would just get clumpy....I'm going to melt down what I have done and try again and maybe add some more fragrance and see if I can smell it better...

Yes, it's Penreco High Density Gel (Versagel CHP) from the Candlemaker's Store. I ordered a 2lb bag for $8.50 and it just came in a plastic bag in a few chunks. Since it's the first time I've seen it, I didn't know what to expect.....