Who sent me their Soap Trolls?

Starr

I want to crawl under the bed and never come out!

So, I finally had the materials, time, and energy to put up a pot of soap this weekend. I wanted to do it earlier this week but being a grown-up person won out over putzing in the workroom. Stupid Adulthood!!! Anyway, so today I get the dishes done, a little light cleaning and find myself with an afternoon relatively free and I'm practically itching to go play with my new oils and FO's. As a matter of fact, I reached that point with new FO's that I just couldn't decide which one to start with (I hate when that happens btw). So I found a little 1oz'er of CS's new Oakmoss and Amber that I got as my freebe with my last order. Oh My do I simply ADORE this scent. (Note to self, order more... LOTS FREAKING MORE!) but now I'm getting sidetracked... so...

I also had a batch that didn't come out too wonderful of Amber Romance that's just begging to be rebatched and prettified. I'm planning on making some scrub out of some of it but I figured I could sacrifice one bar to the greater good of making a really pretty Oakmoss and Amber. I pop open my new fridge, get my oils, they're getting all nice and melty (doing a CPHP for those who are trying to keep up). My lye's getting all nice and happy with water. I grab my pop colors and start getting those ready, grab the scent and leave that out for later. And I figure a pretty ITP swirl with some curls of the not to pretty Amber Romance mixed through sorta embed style will do just fine. Time to stir... trace... YAY! split it, color it, mix it back up, get a nice swirl going pour half (okay, 3/4ish), toss my curls on the top... finish it off with what's left in the pot.. WOOT! I made soap! Wrap it in a towel and forget about it for a day or two. YAY! I haven't made soap in a while, this felt GREAT!

Did you figure out what I forgot to do yet?

I turn back around to start cleaning up and what very important thing did I miss? That's right, the 1oz'er of Oakmoss and Amber is still sitting there waiting to get used.

Soap fail!

OMG I'm so sorry, I almost did that today:laugh2::laugh2:my daughter was here helping cause, I"m a newb at the soap and she says "mom is this the Fragrance? yeah, is it time to add it? :laugh2::laugh2:Oh ya babe it's time. So I know where your coming from.

SYR, I think I got out of the habit of doing that with far too many HP batches. I was always afraid that the heat of the pot, plus the heat of the lye solution, plus cook-time was going to overheat the FO and mess it up. I'm doing more CP or CPHP nowadays so I guess I should try to make myself get back in the habit of doing that.

soy, hon, we ALL do it, it's going to happen at some point and it's going to make you feel like a doofus, just be ready for it.

Due to being pregnant I didn't make soap for quite a while. I finally got to make a small batch last night (now that my darling baby girl is 5 months old), and wouldn't you know I couldn't find my box of molds. It took me longer to construct a small mold out of a soy milk container and hard cardboard last night than it took me to make the actual soap. LOL. Starting working...and of course almost forgot the FO!