veggie wax Q's from a complete veggie..

hello folks,

perhaps i may have asked some of my Q's previously on the olden forum but here goes..

1) i'm interested in 100% natural candles but desire the rustic effect - is this no more difficult using veg wax?

2) with regards to my 'natural' theme i'll obviously have to use EO's. yet some of my candles will require "native" scents such as sage etc - are these available? could i produce my own etc?

3) are there any recommended Canadian sellers of specific wax melters? i appreciate i can use a presto pot but am interested in purchasing a small melter (without having to pay the crazy 17% Canadian import tax of course!)

thanks in advance, have fun today :)

You can't get the rustic look from a veg candle. But there are palms that will give you some nice patterns in the wax. There is one called crystal palm and then one called feathering palm wax. Both are really pretty but extremely difficult to wick.

There are a couple cute things you can do with soy/veg blends, which are much easier to wick. You can make chunk candles, swirl your colors, or layer them.

I have never tried EOs in palm but I have in my soy/veg candles. Lavender is nice, and so is Patchouli, Cassia, and Sweet Orange.

There are a few threads that will tell you EO suppliers that sell wholesale, you can just do a search on this board. I have seen Sage sold on some EO websites it is one of the cheaper oils usually. I have heard to be careful with this one because too much of it can cause seizures. And I have heard people who are prones to seizures should stay away from it. Just a little FYI there.

I can't help you with the melter, I don't have a clue about Canadian suppliers. If you want smaller than a presto use the double boiler method. You can get aluminum pour pots from Walmart - if you have them, or other discount stores or craft stores.

Hope this helped stop the tearssanta wink

thanks for the info Jeana, very helpful :)

i'll check out the effects you mentioned regarding the veggie wax's.

for some reason i want to waste money on a wax melter rather than buy a presto pot .. and i'm not really sure why..

also i'll try to stop blubbing like a wuss ;)

thanks again.