Question--Candle Warmers Plug-Ins

Alajane

I was getting an order together for Candle Warmers and had planned to order a case of plug-ins--until I happened to think; how do you empty the melted wax? It doesn't look like there's a removable bowl and I really figure I would spill it, trying to get it unplugged and emptied. I guess the only other option is to turn it off and let the wax solidify before emptying???

Anyone have experience with these? I really don't like the BIG warmers and prefer this size, along with it not taking up any counter space. But emptying it might be a problem.

TIA,

Jane

That's interesting--I've never sold any kind of warmers except plate warmers. Warmers and melts are going so well this year I thought I would expand my line and have some "pretty" ones--as I said, I don't like the ones that are so large, and think these look like a nice size.

Since most of your co-op orders were for plug-ins, somebody must have experience with them!!

Thanks for your responses,

Jane

That's what we do too. It's a little trickier with the soy I've been testing, but if you use one of the little cheese spreader knives on the edge it comes out.

Those cheese knives are great. They're also a must is you're caulking a bathtub or something. Our poor knives get used for everything but cheese!

That's what I've been doing with my "sample" one from Scentsy, too. But I'm not very patient and hate to have to turn off the warmer to let it harden before emptying it. I normally use a plate-type melter with a bowl, and can just pick up the bowl and dump it to change scents.

I'm really liking the looks of these, but still undecided about whether they will sell or not--I need to hurry and place my order to get them in time for my next show.

Scentsy has helped my clamshell sales--I'm hoping perhaps they might increase warmer sales, too. Any experience with this?

I have one of the plug-ins from Candle Warmers. I turn it off and let it harden, then put it in the freezer for about five minutes so the wax will just pop out. Sometimes I use the tip of a knife to get it to release. Seems like a butter knife is my best friend. My husband calls me the "candle doctor" because I am always messing with candles in one way or another. lol

So glad to find someone who actually has one of these--can you tell me how much wax that warmer "comfortably" holds? I've been putting 1-oz melts in the Scentsy warmer and it's pretty full. Wondered if the one from CandleWarmers was any deeper--it looks deep in the picture.

TIA,

Jane

I don't think it's very deep at all. I am careful to not put something too large in there. This one is by my husband's sink in our bathroom. I worry about him bumping it and causing it to spill. lol

I will only put small tarts in there. I use 1 and 2 oz portion cups, but only put the 1 oz tarts in this warmer.

Nope, I am just a hopeless FO addict at the moment. lol :P

You've got me curious, though. Going to go and pop that thing in the freezer to get the wax out and then measure the depth. Unfortunately, I can't leave that thing on all night because my hubby can see the light from the bed and it bothers him (ugh), so the wax is already hard.

Edited by nmhoneybear

We always leave ours going 24/7 (of course, the TV does the same--in both the bedroom and the living room!). I turned it off this morning and told DH he couldn't change tarts until the wax hardened (sometimes I think he's as much of a FOHO as I am!).

Also, don't think I would sell these even if I were selling. I gave a friend one and she has hers on all the time. Last time I went to her house, she showed me what hers is doing and asked me why it was doing that. The wax was seeping out of the ceramic part. The one she had did not have a glaze and oddly enough, the wax was penetrating through the ceramic. I have that same exact one in my bathroom, but don't have it on all the time. Thinking maybe there is a crack in hers somewhere which is causing the problem...:confused:

We always leave ours going 24/7 (of course, the TV does the same--in both the bedroom and the living room!). I turned it off this morning and told DH he couldn't change tarts until the wax hardened (sometimes I think he's as much of a FOHO as I am!).

Haha! I am glad that my hubby doesn't touch my stuff, even though he indulges me by always sniffing and loving what I put in front of his nose. :)

Thing is, I want to be in control of what goes in the burner or candle holder next! lol

Some fragrances are extra special and need to be saved for a special occasion. Know what I mean?

Some fragrances are extra special and need to be saved for a special occasion. Know what I mean?

Do I ever!! Particularly if I want to test something and just have a few--I hide those from him!

And thanks for the info about your friend's warmer--that really helps me with my decision! Since the one I'm testing is from Scentsy, it isn't really a fair test because if it leaks (or doesn't), it really won't be an indication about the ones from CandleWarmers. Guess I'll stick with the other styles.

Thanks so much,

jane

By the way, I measured the depth and it is less than half an inch. The wax that popped out is even less than that. I wouldn't want the melted wax to go all the way to the top anyway, so a tart in a 1 oz container works well. :)

P.S. Good thing you hide the good ones. I am just glad my hubby keeps his paws off completely! :P

My hubby is retired and has his hands in everything around the house (unless it would be helpful!!). Can't even sneak anything into the house anymore!:laugh2: After 30 years of him working swing shifts and not behing home 1/3 of the time and sleeping another 1/3 of the time, it's hard to get used to him being in the house ALL the time!! Of course, I'm still working, so I'm not there--which definitely makes it easier. Sometimes I feel like I'm intruding on him and the cat when I come home and interrupt their routine!

My hubby is retired and has his hands in everything around the house (unless it would be helpful!!). Can't even sneak anything into the house anymore!:laugh2: After 30 years of him working swing shifts and not behing home 1/3 of the time and sleeping another 1/3 of the time, it's hard to get used to him being in the house ALL the time!! Of course, I'm still working, so I'm not there--which definitely makes it easier. Sometimes I feel like I'm intruding on him and the cat when I come home and interrupt their routine!

Ha! As long as he doesn't go burning and melting your highly-coveted scents, it's all good. Right?!

I'm lucky my two teenage daughters could give a rat's you-know-what about my goodies or I'd have to put a padlock on all my stuff. :laugh2:

Thanks for your input, earthmama--I need to place my order today and you guys' comments really helped me make my decision.

If plug-in's are what you want, make sure they have 3 prongs to help hold them into the wall. I've started using scented oil in my plug-in instead if a tart. But either way I just wipe out with a couple of Kleenex. I only use a little bit, cause my Sentsy warmer doesn't work very well for scenting, it's mainly for the light.

Edited by Sharon in KY

I was getting an order together for Candle Warmers and had planned to order a case of plug-ins--until I happened to think; how do you empty the melted wax? It doesn't look like there's a removable bowl and I really figure I would spill it, trying to get it unplugged and emptied. I guess the only other option is to turn it off and let the wax solidify before emptying???

Anyone have experience with these? I really don't like the BIG warmers and prefer this size, along with it not taking up any counter space. But emptying it might be a problem.

TIA,

Jane

*** I also have a scentsy plug in and you really don't have to wait until it hardens, you can gently twist it and it will come off with a slight pull up... the plug also twists for those with a sideways outlet... hope this helps :)