Lotion Making ???'s

sjconner

I purchased the Caprabella Goat Milk Cream kit from Lotioncrafter. I made it this last weekend. It is soooo wonderful. http://www.lotioncrafter.com/formulary/Goat_Milk_Cream.pdf

The directions say to heat phase A (water stuff) to 176 and hold. Later on in the directions, it says to weigh the batch and add enough distilled water to bring the weight back up to 1200 grams. I had to add almost half the water back in. I would think that adding all that unboiled water back in would reverse the effects of the boiling. How do you keep all that water from evaporating?!

Or should I just boil lots of water and then add the 176 water to the other phase A ingredients before I mix phase A with phase B.

Thanks,

Susan

Well, I use a lid on my stock pot and that sure helps. After making the same lotiion over and over, I know how much evaporates so I add that much extra at the beginning.

And I sure never had half evaporate before. You mention boiling. You don't boil the liquid for 20 minutes. I can see why half would evaporate if you are boiling the water.