First potential craft show...HELP!

Guest PassionSunKiss

Guest PassionSunKiss

My fiance is really encouraging me to become a vendor at a local craft fair. I've been selling body butters since last year and have a ton of people who are in love with my product. I'm intimidated by the whole idea of a craft show especially since the fair says they're expecting 5,000-7,000 people. He told me he and his mom would help me with the whole thing, but is selling body butters enough product to sell at a craft fair? I have approximately 10 different fragrances to offer, but shouldn't I have more than one product to sell? Or am I trying to talk myself out of doing this? I do not know what to expect, how to decorate anything, or how many jars to offer of each fragrance...etc? I'm so confused and intimidated, any advice is much appreciated!

When I first started doing shows another vendor (he made spicy relishes and salsas) gave me some advice. He told me that I'd sell more if I had less to sell. This guy had about 20 years of craft show experience, and he said that over the years he found that if he brought 10 different items, people would browse and move on, but if he had only 2 or 3, which he sampled, then people would make a decision and buy.

I've tried both at shows -- bringing a little bit of everything, and bringing only a few items, and I do tend to sell more when I have just a few things. The booth is less cluttered looking, and people aren't overwhelmed.

I say GO FOR IT; its a 'great' experience!! It totally don't matter if you have a little OR alot on your table; I've also done both....trust me, you will know what sells well for you whether its just the one product or you need to add something else next time you do a Craft Show....I usually take about 10 different fragrances like mdmd said.

I wish you Good Luck in whatever you decide:yay:

When I first started doing shows another vendor (he made spicy relishes and salsas) gave me some advice. He told me that I'd sell more if I had less to sell. This guy had about 20 years of craft show experience, and he said that over the years he found that if he brought 10 different items, people would browse and move on, but if he had only 2 or 3, which he sampled, then people would make a decision and buy.

I've tried both at shows -- bringing a little bit of everything, and bringing only a few items, and I do tend to sell more when I have just a few things. The booth is less cluttered looking, and people aren't overwhelmed.

I agree that less is better. I do craft shows and I only take maybe 35% if that, of my products. First of all, its a pain trying to get all those items together for a craft show and second, lugging all that stuff back and forth can be hassle. Just make sure you have business cards or something so people can get in touch with you to order more and to see what else you have to offer.

There is a vendor at one of my shows that only makes and sells scrubs. She must do alright since she is there every year.

And I make and take a multitude of products. Tried the less thing and it did not work for me.

Whatever works for you is the way to go.