Perhaps a Dumb Question, but...

Asher

...will a lower MP increase the scent throw? Because votives have such small melt pool is it beneficial to use a lower MP, or doesn't it matter one bit?

I have only tried two waxes in the last 4 years: one was, I believe, an IGI one-pour votive wax, which I didn't like....and the other is the Yaley Premium Wax, which I use because it produces some nice mottled votives and seems to have a very strong cold throw.

I have sold some votives to our workers here and they always report great results. Of course, my house contains about 150 votives right now and my nose always gets tired from the continuous cold throw. Therefore, I can't judge the hot throw so well.

Do lower MP waxes typically have better hot throw, or does it depend more on the mixture?

I don't know that MP has much to do with it, though it's possible. I'm not too sure a deeper melt pool is a good thing either. The diameter of the surface can help. The thing of it is, if you use a lower MP wax, you'll probably need to wick down. You could also get a deeper pool by wicking up. But if you aim for a deep pool, you'll probably have torch smoking like a chimney. The dynamics of a clean safe burn will determine the melt pool size, regardless of the wax. This is how I see it anyway....