Acne Treatments

forevershanda

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie on here over on the candle side. I must admit I adore looking at all the soap pics though!!! I was just reading through the forum earlier and now I can't find it, so I thought I'd post and ask. I'm looking for some good acne products for my 16 yr old. Let me give some background, he has epilepsy, a bleeding disorder, asthma and allergies, and an IgG 3 and 4 Immune Def. They currently have him on a high dosage of doxycycline (antibiotic) and prescription face cream at the moment. I have him wash with murad. He goes through bouts where it will start clearing up for maybe about a week, then it is bad again. It is all over his face, but I don't think it's the cystic acne. the next step is a 3 hour drive to a dermatologist and probably some meds that I won't be happy about (he already has to take so many and has such a strong history of them due to the immune deficiency). I am willing to purchase from someone who makes a good one? Reviews? Recommendations? Anything?

TIA

shanda

PS I can direct you to my facebook page (although you'd have to friend request) if you wanted to see what it looked like

I wish I could help you out but I don't have much to offer you except I am wondering if it is caused by some of his meds he is already taking. Have you checked to see if any of them have it as a side effect? Is it caused by oily skin or allergies or just teen skin? I know my granddaughter had this problem and it helped her to use a clay soap with goats milk in it but her problem was oily teen skin. If it is a side effect from the meds then I have no idea what would help. Hopefully someone would come along and help you better than I have. I wish you well in finding some help.

It doesn't seem to be caused as a side effect to any of the meds. More just a teen/oily skin/ genetic thing. It seems very resistant to the current regime. The doxycycline addition did help clear it up off his back and stuff, but the face, when it flairs is just bad. I appreciate the input and will keep my fingers crossed!

Shanda

have you tried going with natural products for cleansing?

I can only speak from my experience.

I have had issues with what I call mild cystic acne for years and i am now 50 yrs old

When I was In my forties my teen daughter suggested i try using all different products to clear my skin and I did.. but nothing worked long term.

thats about when I started making soap and decided to create a face wash/scrub that was made with minimal , natural ingredients.

Since I have been using my face scrub I have had no cystic breakouts and my son has also used it for his acne with great results as well.

if you want to check it out you can go to my website and see what you think.