Mrs Meyers

A friend brought me a Mrs. Meyers lavender candle. Said it was a favorite and wanted me see if I could make one like it.

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/Products/Air_Fresheners/Lavender_Scented_Soy_Candle

Ok, so this is soy. Rough top. Relatively hard wax. The CT is very strong. I have never made a soy that was as strong as this. It does not have any FO seepage. Wick looks like a zinc. Unless there is another core material that is very dark brown/gray that is stiff, then I would suspect zinc. There is a substantial wet spot, but it doesn't stand out very much and most people would not notice it.

Then I read this post below by Stella. Now that consumer alert doesn't seem to apply to the candles from Mrs. Meyers, it is a concern.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81952&highlight=mrs+meyers

Anyone ever use one of these candles? Thoughts on how they get it to be so strong on the CT? Comments on any aspect of these?

Now that consumer alert doesn't seem to apply to the candles from Mrs. Meyers, it is a concern.

It's also from a study that took pace in 2009... Many companies improve the levels of toxic stuff in their products after receiving bad press because of it.

Their website states that their candles are made from vegetable (soy) wax. I take this o mean that the candle contains no paraffin wax. If it's pretty hard, it may have some palm mixed in or beeswax.

I dunno how "strong" the throw is from your candles, but I have many FOs that (in C2 containers) throw like there's no tomorrow, in fact some I reduce the amount of FO I use because it's so overpowering.

Lavender is one of those scents that tends to blast me out of the room. Personally I use peaks at 6% and it gives my husband a headache when it burts (admittedly hes not a huge fan of lavender to begin with but he complains its too strong).

I've never seen these locally, we dont have Meyers products on most store shelves here (although I think walmart carries them now?) but I'll have to peek now. Maybe Target?