From inquisitive to intrusive to crazy to kookie

Bernadette

I get emails thru my website all the time with requests for me to "share" how I make/sell my products. Guess we all do, but today I got this:

"pls help me i have been searhing the website to start my on busness with no help can i want sell candle like the ones that you are i live in the tenn ,you help me by telling me how to go about pls pls pls thank you"

That's the exact typing! My website is a business, not a how to. At first I thought Nigerian/Russian spam, but I checked the ISP and it is in Memphis, TN, and they were using IE 8 with Windows 7, so they must at least be computer literate, if not English language literate!:laugh2:Seriously, though, they may be immigrants that are just learning...still, I thought someone might get a kick out of it.:tiptoe:

that's plain ol' scary. Maybe you should direct this person to an English language class before they attempt to do something dangerous like mess with hot liquids and fire.*shudder*

While I agree it's slimy and all, I do take exception to the idea that one's English has to be good for them to be intelligent or capable.

I took chiptooth's comment differently. I think she was trying to say that if they are having such a hard time writing their English, they probably would have just as hard a time reading it, thus, interpreting it properly, which would be very unsafe when working with hot and flammable items. I don't think she was referring to their intelligence level at all.:tiptoe: