Soap?

LynnS

I have seen soap for sale (got a bar from someone as a gift) who had it in her shop.It does just have the band around.What I always thought soap should not be out where dirt etc could get on it.So it is OK to do soaps this way?I am doing boxes BUT the ones I got are small so will use them for a thin bar of soap and look for other boxes.The problem when they are packaged you do have to open(box) to see what it is unless display one opened.The only other thing is cello wrap(shrink wrap) then you see what you are getting.

Can some give me some ideas in soap packaging.I know it must be fine to do the bands.I Just thought like we do lotions etc it should be sanitary????

LynnS

Nothing can really grow in soap - there's little water, and the pH is really high. Soap is antiseptic in it's own right. It's basically a preference, do you want to keep people's noses off of the bar, or not.. Lots of people sell naked bars as well.

Mines mostly open, doesn't bother me or my customers it seems.

The band would be alot simpler.I did also think with lotion it stays on the skin but soap washes off.There is a craft wholesale place near me and may see what they have in boxes.I think I will do both.The novelty soaps in the boxes for sure.The bar would be fine for bands.So far I haven't made bars yet.Just getting started with the MP soap.Of course did a French Vanilla for all the scents to choose and it discolored the Goat's Milk I made.Live and Learn.

I do antibacterial soap and do have some look as if they don't think they should smell it.They try to by just putting the bottle up to their nose. We(Board) have talked about Antibacterial soap and if it really works and still some controversy but the guys my husband works with want it.One guy got one bottle and wanted another within a month.He said he loves it.I don't want to stop carrying it so will do that with bar and novelty soap.

Thanks You,

LynnS