100 Pure Essential Oils...anyone?

Bella Rose

Nope. I buy at www.snowdriftfarm.com and trust their products.

The prices are odd on the website you showed. The prices are very high, way too high, except for their lavender. If their lavender is truly English Lavender, then it is underpriced by 200 percent. If it is the French that they also say it is, then it is underpriced by 600 percent. If it is only the 40/42 that they claim it is NOT, then it is correctly priced (slightly higher than snowdrift).

So what is it? Lavandula angustifolia could be any of those, Bulgarian, 40/42, French, English.

They say they are grown in France. That means the advertisement for English is just flat wrong.

What I learned about the distilling process for Lavender is that the amount of camphor that is reduced is common in the higher prices. The more camphor, the lower the price because it is not refined as much.

It looks interesting, but I think the Bulgarian from snowdrift is more affordable and will do a fine job for most folks.

Snowdrift has a "spike" lavender that is a different species, higher in camphor. They also have lavandin that is yet another species and very low in camphor.

I don't work for snowdrift, just live nearby. The more I speak with Bill, the more I come to realize he knows his lavender and is the measuring rod for other companies. He made it clear to me recently that getting lavender out of England is very limited. Sellers are rationed, hence the higher price. Check out his prices vs. the ones you have.

I'm guessing that 100 pure is selling genuine EO's, just the price seems high.

To test a genuine EO, I read where you should put a drop on a piece of paper and wait for it to evaporate. If it evaporates clean with only a small stain, you have a pure EO. If the paper is soaked with oil, you do not.

I'm not sure that works for all EO's but it works for lavender because I've tried it with snowdrift and with regular FO's. Its obvious.

Edited by EricofAZ

Thanks for the reply. I will test tonight and let you know....Regarding the prices, I thought this site had reasonable prices..I actually seen a few others that were WAY higher after the purchase, which was making me worry about the quality of their 'pure essential oils'.