Lanolin

jonsie

I'm seeing some great recipes here on CS for Mechanic's Soaps and a few of them include lanolin.

My local soap supplier doesn't stock this, so I'm wondering what to look for when shopping around. I'm guessing I can go to a pharmacist and pick up the same 100% lanolin I used when nursing my daughter? Just use that same thick, sticky petroleum jelly type of stuff?

When I talked with my supplier about lanolin, they explained they didn't carry it because they could never get any kind of reassurance that the lanolin didn't come from surviving sheep. So I was wondering if back in the U.S. you know of a lanolin product that can offer that reassurance?

In the meantime he suggested I could replace the lanolin in the recipe with jojoba. Any other suggestions?

Edited by jonsie

Your Welcome We are ok but being where devestation started is very sad (10 mins north of Toowoomba). There is a real sadness kinda hanging in the air now. Everyone feels it. I swear its coming up the range...Thanks for asking Susan.

Edited by Tribalvixen

Tammy I can only imagine how it must be over there for you all. Glad to hear you and your loved ones are safe.

Thanks for the link, always good to have another Aussie supplier bookmarked, never know when it may come in handy.

Edited by deena