Question: testing/containers

Hello All!

Do you use your "good containers" for testing? Or by cheaper ones ($1store) for testing purposes? I am thinking this will be best. However, it seems testing would not be accurate as I would have to test again for the more permanent containers. Specifically the wick sizes. Am I correct? What did you guys do? I don't want to spend a large amount of money in containers for testing purposes. Thanks in advance for your suggestions/help.

I have always used the actual containers I would use to sell except the testing containers get marked so I don't re-use them for a customer order BUT I do re use them again and again for my own testing. That way if the glass was to weaken and crack it would be during my testing and not in the customers home. I just bought an additional case of containers for testing purposes ONLY. HTH:cool2:

I use the actual container. I pour up the candle and then after it has set up, use a skewer to poke a wick hole in the middle (I know Stella) and test the combination of wax, fo and wick in that container. If its too hot or drowns, then I take a pair of pliers and pull the wick out and after the wax has cooled test another wick. Take notes on how deep the melt pool, how long it took to get a full melt pool, hot throw, cold throw, mushrooming, hot jar and so forth. HTH.

Steve