How are your sales?

I am usually pretty slow this time of year. Gives me a chance to catch my breath for the next go around. The fall and Christmas is the busy time for me usually. I do mostly jar candles and not many people around here burn candles during the summer because they have their windows open to let in the fresh air. Unless it is ungodly hot and then the air coniditioners come on. Does not happen too much though. :smiley2:

Just wondering- How are your sales are right now?

This is my 1st year as a business, but knew that things would slow down in January(slow and steady crawl) When does business pick up again? This time has been nice to restock and get all my paperwork caught up though.

As your business progresses, you'll pick up a larger customer base and find yourself pretty busy all the time. It's kinda like a hair dresser -- someone always needs a hair cut if you have enough clients :)

steady for me, because I do soap, B&B and candles. candles have been slow- but I added beeswax to my line which has boosted sales.

soap and b&b always do fine year round.. if I make myself add new items to the website, do weekly markets, do lots of shows, and soap a new batch at least once (but usually 3-4) a week, then the customers keep coming.

Really, my edge at most markets over other soap makers is that I have more variety and products they have never seen from the other soap makers.

I was expecting and really hoping to be slow this Jan. like last year but it hasn't let up yet. I am just sick of pouring. My nose feels like I am very aware of my nostrils, like I feel the air travel all the way through when you're oblivious to it most of the time, you just breathe. Nevermind, I should sucked it up and worn a mask LOL.

Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate it. :)

I have plans on adding candles to what I sell, but haven't been really happy with what I have made yet. Scent throw too weak and wick problems.

B&B looks interesting too! I am paranoid about making something wrong and growing bacteria in it. I have little OCD about things though.