Parasoy power burn?

Hey guys, I'm testing a parasoy blend and I'm at power burning stage for one of my zinc wicks. I'm burning it 8-9 hours, no trimming, and of course it was a torch. My concern is the jar is REAL hot, too hot to actually pick up.

Is this normal for a power burn? Just wondering cause I've only really power burned pure soy, which doesn't seem to get this hot.

Not sure if someone doesn't follow the directions (don't burn more than 4 hours which it'll state on the label), if to some degree you just have to expect that.

I know I feel that way about a certain amount of soot with a power burn, but not sure about the hot jar thing. Just wanted to get some feedback on this..

Thanks you guys!

What size jar, what size wick? When I power burn with zincs for that long they can get hot if not trimmed, so sometimes its a good idea to try a size down and power burn with that and see how it goes. But to be honest I have power burned with soy and cd's and they did the same thing after that much time. HTH

It's a jelly jar, 8 oz and it's 51 wick. It did get REALLY hot but yeah, I didn't trim or anything. I guess I'm wondering if that's just expected when doing a power burn or if most people try to shoot for the jar not getting so hot. I just don't see how that's possible though, wicking way down is gonna cause tunneling...

I don't use parasoy nor do I use zinc wicks, but I do test all of my candles (C3 & Palm Wax) by powerburning after I complete the initial wick testing. If the container becomes too hot, I wick down. It's just that simple for me. I won't sell a candle that can't hold up to a powerburn without becoming too hot to handle. I don't know if this is characteristic of zinc wicks, parasoy or the combination, but my best advice is that if your container is too hot to handle during a powerburn, you need to change something about your candle system.

Hmmm...good advice from Stella. I use a51z in a tumbler that slightly over 3 inches in diameter but I think a JJ is smaller in diameter, I would definitly wick at least 1 size down and see how that goes. I can power burn in my tumblers without them getting too hot to touch, so give that a go and see what happens.