Tart Tutorial

PinkandPosh

I truly dont want this to sound rude, but its just wax+FO, poured in a mold... you really dont need a tutorial.

the hard part is the testing :)

if you search "tart wax" you'll find some great threads about which is best, so on and so forth. Alot of people use parasoy.. some paraffin.. i use ecosoya PB... you just have to test and try new things. but as far as a tutorial.. its really not that hard.

Melt wax, add frag (what % depends on your fragrance manufacturer), pour into mold, let cool, pop out, cure, and voila, tarts! Then test for throw and adjust as needed.. as many times as you need.. until you are happy!

I truly dont want this to sound rude, but its just wax+FO, poured in a mold... you really dont need a tutorial.

the hard part is the testing :)

if you search "tart wax" you'll find some great threads about which is best, so on and so forth. Alot of people use parasoy.. some paraffin.. i use ecosoya PB... you just have to test and try new things. but as far as a tutorial.. its really not that hard.

Melt wax, add frag (what % depends on your fragrance manufacturer), pour into mold, let cool, pop out, cure, and voila, tarts! Then test for throw and adjust as needed.. as many times as you need.. until you are happy!

:cheesy2:You are exactly right! The hardest part is finding the wax that works for you and test test test! Raven and Sharon have been so helpful when I first started and now after lots of trial and error my tarts are at least lasting a couple of days!:yay:Eventually I'll get mine as good as theirs but because of their help I was able to learn what to do. So just keep reading the threads here and you'll get there. I'm currently using TCS wax and KY ParaSoy Tart wax. My TCS wax is better but since so many people recommended KY wax I wanted to try it. Some on the site said they burnt theirs the next day which is what I'm doing today, but their not as good as TCS wax. Maybe they need to cure longer. Good luck and have fun! You'll also make some great friends.:cheesy2:

I started testing soy blend (and a couple parasoy blend) tarts and clamshells about a month and a half ago. And either I got incredibly lucky, or it is fairly easy, because I found a great soy blend with no frosting and incredible HT and CT fairly quickly. So just jump on in! Not only is it fairly easy to do, with all the left over testers, I have enough tarts for about 6 months of personal use! Come on in, the water's fine!

Cheers,

Steve