Chai Tea nut burning?

Hi...I made a candle from Clarus Wax 3022.....or T/N 70/30 I poured at 7% FO Load of Chai Tea from NG....well within minutes the wicks are drwoning out. I three wicked a candle bowl 4" wide with HTP 93's and tried 2 CD 12s....any idea why they are drowning out so fast? When they are first lit they burn nice 20 minutes later.....they drowned out. Thanks

Hey Just wanted to bump this.....I poured a candle 3022wax from clarus. 7% FO I believe of NG Chai Tea. The jar is a Cylinder...3 3/4" diameter...i have 3 cd 18's and it is burning nice...fmp 1/4" deep... no smoke amazing how high I had to wick up with this combo in order to get a full fmp..... downside... NO HT! LOL What gives? 3 cd 18's seem to be too much but I tried 3 cd 10, 12 and 14's and they burned too weak almost to the point they went out. Anyone have this experience with this scent or wax? TIA

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I have not personally tried NG Chai Tea F.O., so I can't answer any questions on whether it would burn or not. I CAN, however, tell you that I had the same problem with two of NG's other fragrance oils; Spiced Cranberry and Pumpkin Pie Spice. I use IGI6006 Wax and CD wicks. In both fragrances, I wicked up to a ridiculous sized wick trying to get a burn, but no luck. I also tried eliminating any color dye thinking that may have been the problem. Again no luck. Wierd thing is, I used these F.O. last year from NG and had no problem at all with the burn. I contacted them and they were not able to help me out with any suggestions.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has had any problem with any of NG F.O.'s...

After having this problem and not being offered any solution, I am leery about ordering from them any more.

I purchased the bad batches of Spiced Cranberry and Pumpkin Pie Spice In Nov/Dec 2010, IslandGirl. The previous batches of these same two fragrances burned great...they were purchased in Nov/Dec 2009. When did you purchase the Orange Clove you are having trouble with? That's another one I purchased in 2009 and loved, but I'm afraid to re-order it incase I have the same problem as I'm having with the other two. I should add that I have ordered maybe 15 different fragrances from NG and have never had this problem before.

I have not used Orange Clove since fall of 2009 when I had drowning out problems.

Just checked my spiced cran - my bottles are labeled 11/10.. OH-Uh....

Going to test burn a candle I have on my shelf that I made from that oil to see if it drowns out.. I had bought a boat load of oil Sp. Cran for the holidays.

Home Sweet Home is another one that I have had similar issues with the drowning. That happened in 2009, but I was able to cut back and wick up and got it to burn properly. I figured they reformulated or something.

It's the Spiced?Cinnamon candles that seem to do this!!

That could be why the Chia Tea is drowning!!

Our chai tea fragrance begins with top notes of spicy cinnamon bark and nutmeg;

Edited by islandgirl

I have not been able to get HT outa that NG Chai either. You are not alone. I ordered a nice one from a girl I trust on ebay and no HT. I love this FO too bad. My next try will be oregon trails and if that fails, well there is always soap. :laugh2: