Wanting to know your opinion!!

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm just wanting to know what you think about wooden wicks?!?! Have you tried them??? I have heard mixed opinions, so I thought I would ask you guys and see what you had to say!! I have had requests for them, but nervous to try!! Please help...lol! Any opinion will help!!

Thanks so much!!!:smiley2:

Welcome to the board! We are also looking into wood wicks. But we're going through the search engine above to read the posts to see how everyone feels about them. You'll most likely benefit a great deal doing that as well. Since it's a topic that's been discussed a bit, we're finding alot of information doing a search. Once we have finished our research, and if we still have any questions, then I'll come back and post here for additional help. Again...welcome to the board...you'll love it here!

Pesonally wood wicks are not a good seller for us. Some suppliers wood wicks burn well and others do not. I know about a year ago candle wic's burned well for us. Yes everyone has an opinion on theym and they are varried.. your gonna get the same results here in this thread as the results provided by search... ;-)

Edited by oakbrookcandles

I personally don't care for them. We try to make candles which burn with as small a wick and as clean a burn as we can get. They can really blaze up when lit and the noise/crackling makes me nervous. I think they are a novelty not worth fooling with. IMHO Carole

I'm not a fan of wood wicks. They cannot be "dialed in" to burn as accurately as regular wicking. I think they are a novelty and fad. While they do look cool, I would not add them to my product line nor take any time testing and developing them because I do not think they are as safe as regular wicking. JMHO...