Double-wicking Apothecary and C3

This is my first attempt at a 4" diameter jar and double-wicking and I could use some advice. I've tried, 2-ECO 4's, ECO 6's and CD12's and the flames get weak after only a couple of hours of burning. I'm using straight C3, 6% FO. I've placed the wicks about 1" away from the sides and about 1 1/4" apart. The apothecary diameter is smaller at the top 3"ish and then opens up to 4"....

Thx

I've only double wicked a couple of times, but I did read on this forum to place the wicks so that the wick tabs are side by side. touching. Also if you search on here you'll find that with the cd's they curl a certain way and you want that the curl to go to the outside. There is a way to tell by looking at how the wick is woven. On one side you see the threads go >>>> and on the other side they'll go <<<<. Now I'm not sure which one curls out. I'm sure you'll be able to find it with a search on here tho. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Testing has not been going well and I'm deciding if this just isn't the jar for me. I continue to have problems with the flames getting very weak 1/2 through the jar. I've tried 2-ECO 4's, 6's, 8's CD 12's 14's (these all get weak, the CD 14's are the best but not great. Tried single wicking with HTP1312, ECO16, CD22, #2 Square Braid. I can't believe this jar is so difficult. I've been testing with CS's Pumpkin Souffle which isn't a troublesome FO. Before I give up, any ideas??

• 1 year later...

May I suggest testing with a different fragrance oil. I use C1 instead of C3 but...........I could not get the CS Pumpkin Souffle to burn efficient in my wax with my cdn wicking. It just may not be a good mix. I am in the process of changing from large apoth to a cylinder and the normal CDN22 does not get it in this new jar...so I am testing as well. Just got done doing a first run of cdn 14 double and a cdn24.......next up will be the cdn 12's. the 14's made a full melt pool in only 2 hrs.........I'm hoping the 12's willl be the ticket. I have single wicked forever.......it is hard to change. Sigh