Booth Display

lovetosoap

This is my first post to the forum. I was introduced to craftserver at a gathering last summer and have been logging in intermittently. It seems a friendly enough group to ask a question. I did a search within the forum first but did not find a thread relating to my dilema. I am looking for any ideas on constructing a standard 8x10 booth which is light enough to be portable ideally in my subaru forester & as a bonus could be set up by one person. I can sew well so that part is not an issue but the frame is where I am struggling. It is for indoor use. I have used the pvc pipes in the 8x10 lengths which are difficult to transport and require two people to set up. I did get six sections of the wire graphic display from craigs list then realized they are 9 ft (3 ft each) when connected. I was lucky enough to set up next to a friend with the same display so I had her set up on one wall, my three sections of the same across the back and a rigged up wall on the third side. None of which met the required 8x10. I covered it with homespun and it looked nice enough but I really need to get myself set up while I have time to work on it. Booths online are $$$. By the way, I am a soapmaker and am open to any ideas would love to see what works for you all. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Welcome to the board.

Are you looking for ideas on booth walls?

I don't know if this would work for you, but what if you set up a ezup type tent and leave the top material off and hang material on the sides. I set my ezup tent up myself and so do many vendors at the farmers market.

Edited by chrisinpa

Well, the standard for my area is 10x10 so the canopy frame works well. For 8x10 it won't work. Can you get another 2' grid to go with the two 3' which would be 8'? Plus you can always overlap your grids. I see that done a lot here. Tha way it can be any size you want it to be.

Plus I also have the PVC "pipe and drape" but I have 5 ' sections. I have corner posts and a post in between so when I break it down the longest pipe is only 6'. The posts are 6' tall. Then I have curtains or drapes that I made out of sheets. I also made tubes to cover the pvc pipe out of the same fabric and I scrunch it up and it looks fine. I can put it together by myself. I just tap the pieces together on the floor and then lift it up. Knock it down with a hammer too.

Edited by adillenal

Thanks guys! This all gives me food for thought. These are workable suggestions. I will check the graphic display site for smaller sections and take another look at my pvc to see if I could cut them to be more manageable. I actually thoght of the ez up thing but I would have to get a 10x10 space. I do use the ez up for outdoors and love it. Wouldn't it be great if someone made an 8x10 fold up frame? Thanks again.