Aussies, need help with ACS's Sandalwood Vanilla

jonsie

Any suggestions for improving the throw of ACS's Sandalwood Vanilla in soy candles? It is my weakest performer, yet one of the more popular scents I carry. Should I just blend my own? Or does it throw better at low loads such as 5%? Any help is appreciated.

Susan

Hey Susan

We used to carry the Sandalwood Vanilla from ACS, and yes its not the strongest thrower, but it does throw. It did not sell particularly well for us so we dropped it. Worked just fine for me in 10 oz apothecary jars @ 6%

I know it throws because my daughter was baby sitting for a couple and when I went over to drop her off they had that scent burning that they had purchased from one of the local shops here, and I could smell it as soon as I walked in. It is definitely not overly strong, kick you out of the room, but sits nicely in the background.

Then again I also use a different wax blend to you as well and that could make the difference also.