Youth Dew by Estee Lauder

mustang67

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.candlechem.com/frag_sz1.htm

I bought Emeraude Type from this company and although it isn't exact, I love it. Not strong enough for candles

but it is wonderful in a body or room spray also made a roll-on with jojoba oil. And already made, unscented lotion

with a little of this, hummmm. Now if I just knew how to scent powder...

Edited by Sharon in KY

Powder: I thought with powder you just needed a few drops of scent per box of powder, and that wasn't enough to wet the powder too much that it turned gummY? It should stay powdery with just a little scent like that.

I have scented cornstarch with some perfume oil (like FO mixed with jojoba or whatever carrier oil, not full strength FO) and it was fine. I put it in a small jar and shook the jar up.

I bought Youth Dew fragrance oil about 8 years ago from somewhere. My best friend's favorite perfume is Estees' Youth Dew. I made her a candle and some votives and she said they were great. Now...I can't remember for sure where I bought it. I was thinking Candlewic...but looked at their site and don't see it listed. If I remember I will check my notes and see if I can find it. This was way back when I was pouring one pour paraffin. Who knows...I might even have what was left in the bottle in my enormous fragrance oil stash.

I looked up the flavor profile for you just in case you need to mix something up yourself. I think you could get away with a shortened list, but Magnolia, Ginger, Carnation, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli, & Chocolate are probobly the easiest to get to stand out. Of course, I've noticed that finding base FOs to blend is sometimes a bit of a pain so that might be more work that you're interested in.

Notes

Top Note: Gentian Flower, Magnolia, Ginger, Fresh Tea, Grapefruit Middle Note: Red Carnation, Jasmin, Ylang Ylang, Spices, Black Rose Base Note: Amber Balms, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli Heart, Dark Chocolate

Ooops. That one is Youth Dew Amber nude! Here is the classic:

Top notes are aldehydes, orange, spices, peach and bergamot;

middle notes are cinnamon, cassia, orchid, jasmine, cloves, ylang-ylang and rose;

base notes are tolu balsam, peru balsam, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, oakmoss, vetiver and incense.

I would think that you're more importaint scents are Orange or peach, bergamot, cinnamon/cloves (could even possibly use a holiday spice here), jasmine, ylang-ylang, balsm, amber, oakmoss, vanilla, and musk

Guest Expressive

I was given a sample from SOS and my grandmother actually requested we make her something for Christmas from that (for once, I didn't have to make a special order as it was in stock).

It seems to be close enough and it reminds me of her so I would say you should give it a try.

The SOS concentrate was very strong. Just note, it is dark in color.

Edited by Expressive