Results from school holiday shop

Trae

Didn't do as well as last year but still good. Total was $840....$100 less than last year. Have to give 10% to the school but I'll still walk away with a good amount. I can definitely see that people are going for the $5 and under items. The inventory I had left was the higher priced items. Big sellers were aquarium soaps, holiday trinket soaps, hot cocoa mug candles and votive-size gel candles with xmas embeds. Still had a lot of 16oz preserves left but I can sell them throughout the year. Still waiting to hear from the second school. I'll post those results when I get them. :smiley2:

Trae

Not too shabby for a school show Trae. :) I'd says congrats are in order for that $$ amount! :D

Yep, it seems most people are grabbing up those stocking stuffers ;) (polite way of saying they're being cheap! LOL)

So, are you doing another school show is that what you meant?

Yes, there were other vendors besides me. The school orders the cheapy dollar-store type toys, mugs, paperweights, etc to stay along the $1-$5 guidelines, then they bring in crafters to kinda mix things up. There was two other candlemakers besides me, one being a local competitor, but they both do only 2 sizes of Mason jars. So I left my jars home and brought my gels, soaps, firestarters and hurricanes. There was also a vendor that had hand-painted candles done with that one-stroke painting but the candles were store-bought. I think there was also a jewelry person too. When I went to break down my display I noticed the other vendors had quite a bit left. It was funny to see the difference in what sold at my open house and what sold at this school. What sold out at my open house barely sold at the school. I can't even base my inventory on what sold the previous year because every year is different. I did do another school's holiday shop so I'm waiting to hear from them. We had a snow day last Friday so they are a day behind getting everything counted up. I'll keep ya posted!

Trae

Guest EMercier

Where was this show? I think I got an invite from whoever was doing that show. They saw me at another show and gave me a flyer. I could not do it because it was during the day and I only have vacation the end of this month. It just rung a bell in my head that they lady wanted stuff that was like $5 and under since the kids were buying and the parents and teachers would probably buy when they came to pick them up. I'm glad I didn't go. Three candle people? No thank you.