Help with Printer

Willowbrook

Okay guys, I have been trying to work with my printer forever now and can not seem to get the quality of labels that I want from it. I am currently using a Lexmark, I know it is on the cheaper side so that is most likely why I can't seem to get the labels to look as good as I want them to.

I am now in the market for a new printer and was wondering if anyone can suggest some printers, I am looking for inkjet because I can not afford to spend mega money on a printer right now and inkjet is less expensive. What are some brands that I need to look out for? If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Even todays cheapest ink jet printers are more than capable of printing decent quality product labels.. my experience suggests if you're getting crappy results with your printouts (and provided your printer is functioning correctly) your problem may be more SOURCE related than it is hardware.

For instance, most graphics you clip off the 'net aren't designed for print applications.. they're usually designed to be "lightweight" so they download fast. They simply aren't real sutable for print.. and they get even worse when you start streching or changing the size.

The program you use to create the label graphics is also pretty key to getting satisfactory results.. MS Paint really shouldn't be your top pic for serious image editing, for example.

theBohnen has a good point. I usually use photoshop for customers labels and for web I use about 76 to 96 dpi. For print ones I use between 150 to 300 dpi. I usually go more with 300 if there computers can handle the larger size files and I havent had anyone tell me they dont print nice. If you do feel it is the printer though I prefer hp simply because even know the ink is a little more expensive the printhead is on the ink cartridge so when you get new ink you get a new print head. HTH