Problem developed with square melter ...

Judy, USMC

I'm using a blend of 80% Ecosoya PB (congeal point 128) and 20% CB-135 (melt point 122). I've had no problems in the past either from personal testing or reported by my buyers.

I'm not having a problem with the last batch of melts using the round melters but the square one is not completely melting the wax in the corners. This ceramic melter is a square base with 3 open "windows" on each side near the top and uses a 25 watt type-G round bulb.

I'm going to relocate it and see if the position in the house will make a difference because I think the house temperature has something to do with it. It's usually 75-76 with the air on in the summer; but in the winter I set the thermostat to 70. Would the ceramic absorb more of the heat and not enough transferring up the sides to heat the corners making it an environmental problem?

Or is it a design flaw? I get a perfectly round melt pool directly above the bulb where the bottom of the bowl is closest to the bulb.

Or is it a wax problem? Is the melt point of 126 too high?

Thoughts please ...

Edited by Judy, USMC
grammar

Hi Judy

So I am not the only one.... thought I was having another newbie meltdown!!

I pretty much use the same blend but with more 135 and same thing- my melts totally liquify in round warmers but I bought a square type at Meijer with the 25 watt bulb and not only do I get solid wax left in the corners- I find the scent does not throw as strong! I think its simply not hot enough- I am going to replace the bulb with a 40 watt and see if it makes a difference- I have another type of warmer as well that is light bulb but more of like a small vanity type and same thing- I switched the wattage to 40 in that and it now throws better (I didnt have the wax issues with that one though as it is round also)

I think with soy the hot plate melters work best and I will be staying home all day to test the higher wattage so I dont blow my house up! LOL