Labels for LX400

Rae

Anybody having luck with using labels from Blanco or Kenco for the LX400? I have used labels from Kenco for a year now with no problems until the shipment I just got. So I tried Blanco who is a distributor for Primera thinking they would work. Same problem.

The labels will not print on the actual label. When I set my TOP to -50 (which is the maximum according to Primera) they still don't start printing at the top. I used Primera labels for the first year with no problems.

Would love to know where others buy their labels. The label I am trying to print is 1.75" circle. Mind you, I have gone through rolls of this size with no problem until now. Primera thinks it's the labels I am buying.

TIA!

Rae

Little secret for you... from what I've been told Ken Co Label is actually the company that produces the labels that Primera sells. So, whatever you get from KenCo...you'll be getting the same quality as you'd be getting from Primera (without the Primera name and exorbitant mark-up, of course.)

As for your actual problem, it sounds like you have the TOF (top of form) sensor bar set in the wrong position.

There should be a guide that will allow you to adjust the point at which the printer "reads" the top of the label. It is just a sliding guide. You want that guide set so that the TOF sensor reads at the point where the circular labels are the closest together.

To see more clearly what I am talking about you can open this PDF and check out Section 2; Sub-section F.

http://www.primera.com/pdfnew/510984_link.pdf

If you've already done this and it is still giving you troubles, let me know what software you are using and I'll try to troubleshoot more. I've had a lot of trouble with Primera's drivers for my lx810.....mainly because they're ancient so it could also be something with that.

And, if it does turn out to be the labels, I'd suggest you just contact Ken Co and let them know you are having trouble. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out.

Thanks for the reply. As of yesterday things are fine. I had to change my ink cartridge and all of a sudden out of the clear blue, it started working. Of course, I had to go back in and set the TOF back to where I normally have it. Kenco has been great through all of this. You are right about the pricing on labels from Primera.

When I bought my LX400 in 2007 I also ordered a lot of labels from Primera. Once I ran out I have been buying from Kenco every since. They are great to work with.

I have gotten 2 rolls this past week from them that look like they were shrink wrapped too tightly and made the sides of the label wrinkled. Kenco replace them and I still got 1 bad one, but they will work with you.