Misadventures in soaping

siberia

I think we need another sticky "Scents that DONT rock in CP".

The day started out so nice. FedEx actually delivered my new Bramble Berry mold on a Sunday. I was so excited. I thought I'd make one of my favorite recipes "Coconut Luxury Bar" double swirled with gold sparkle mica and Sky at Dusk lab color. Then I would scent it with a new FO that smells so wonderful: TFS's Stress Relief. Ooopsie #1 It seized in big honkin' chunks that refused to be tamed with my blender. :mad:

Sometimes when I so a multi-swirl I will use squirt bottles (kind of like what one uses for catsup or mustard). Well when you do this you have to keep your index finger over the lid because sometimes the pressure and heat from the raw soap will pop the top off. (you can see where this is going lol).

At this point my wonderful soaping experience turned into a not so wonderful one with the seize and I just wanted to get it in the mold, swirl and put it to bed. Armed with my squirt bottles I start adding my swirl portions. PLOP PLOP...both lids flew off into the mold full of raw soap and big blobs of Sky at Dusk and gold mica landed...gold mica in the NW corner and Sky at Dusk in the SW corner. Just lovely. I fished out the lids, raked the concentrated mica and colorant as much as I could and put it to bed. Bah!

I have since moseyed over to the Scent Review Board and found that this FO is notorious for ricing and seizing. Why I didn't check it first, I don't know. lol

Thanks for the link. Sure enough, TFS's Stress Relief is listed there as a major offender. Dang it just feels wrong to break in a new mold in such horrible fashion.

The mold is exquisite. It is so well made...they aren't exaggerating when they say they are "heirloom quality".

<Scarlett O'hara> *sigh* tomorrow is another day</Scarlett O'harra> and I'm going to break that mold in properly! :yes:

You are tooo funny girl, sorry I'm not laughing AT you I'm laughing WITH you (I hope ;) )!!

I'm sorry your soaping didn't go so well with your new mold and your new FO, but next time will be much better. ;)

I'm anxious to see what the soap looks like though, I bet it came out very pretty even with all the mishaps that started it. :)