Aroma ornies question

shessuchatart

I'm looking at trying some ornies. I read the directions on bitter creek and something jumped out at me, since I was thinking of making them as Christmas ornaments. It does mention displaying them on a tree...but also that they shouldn't be set on a plastic surface because of the oils. While I *LOVE* real trees, I know that a LOT of people use fake ones, and I imagine the "needles" are a type of plastic. So...will the ornies damage the fake trees? Has anyone tried hanging them on a fake tree? Does it stain the needles or do something else?

I used them on my tree last year and didn't see anything noticeable--of course, I wasn't looking for anything!! And the ornies used were green--pine scented. I wanted to add the pine scent to my tree but always decorate in a color scheme so didn't want to use ornaments that showed up, so put the scented ornies deep into the tree.

I guess that makes my answer no good because who would notice if there was damage deep within the tree. On the other hand, I can say the ornies didn't stick to the branches, if that helps!

I used them on my tree last year and didn't see anything noticeable--of course, I wasn't looking for anything!! And the ornies used were green--pine scented. I wanted to add the pine scent to my tree but always decorate in a color scheme so didn't want to use ornaments that showed up, so put the scented ornies deep into the tree.

I guess that makes my answer no good because who would notice if there was damage deep within the tree. On the other hand, I can say the ornies didn't stick to the branches, if that helps!

This is a GREAT idea! I've never made aroma beads but after reading the directions when do you add the fo? Sorry if it's a stupid questions but I did not see that in the instructions. Thanks!:confused:

not a silly question! To make the beads, you mix the ornie beads and fo in a jar. Close it up, and every now and again give it a good shake. Sometimes it takes a couple days for the FO to completely soak up. You'll know when your beads are ready when you shake the jar and none stick to the sides. Than you can either put the beads in a sachet bag, or you can melt them to make like an ornament. I've never melted them, but I believe you put them in a metal cookie cutter and bake... I'm sure someone who has melted them will jump in here. I got a bunch of metal cookie cutters garage saleing this year and am eventually going to make the ornies. I like the idea for hanging them on an XMas tree!

To add to lauramw71's answer, if you want to color your beads, you need to add the color to the fragrance before adding the beads.

Glad this response popped up in my e-mail; I was searching for the directions for you while she was answering.